Chocolatebar
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 0

Why is this forum so user unfriendly?

Post by Chocolatebar » Wed Jun 10, 2020 11:24 pm

Why is this forum so user unfriendly?
I can’t edit my own posts or reply.
It’s full of spam.
Moderators/admins (is whoreny an mod/admin?) aren’t growing the community and are generally hands off.
I would take whorenys suggestion and delete my account but really? Why should I give a fuck about his feelings if this forum doesn’t help me?

Johnconner, says there’s a lot of good information here. Where? In the spam that’s here?
I’m a FIFO worker that doesn’t have much spare time, I would rather spend a bit of money to get access to good info so I can enjoy that feeling of a bareback pussy in all its glory. At the same time, this forum could get some funds to do some upgrades or maybe pay someone to set up a discord server.

Whoreny
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

Re: Why is this forum so user unfriendly?

Post by Whoreny » Thu Jun 11, 2020 8:52 am

It's OK my feelings are just fine. Why don't you set up a new Bareback Pay Wall Forum and see how it goes before you start slagging off this forum. The people who currently have access have been with the forum long term which you have not.

And if you are as you say a FIFO worker with little spare time it sounds more like you want to just sponge info off the rest of us to keep your dick wet rather than contribute anything useful to the rest of us.

musubi
Has liked: 4 times

Post by musubi » Thu Jun 11, 2020 7:42 pm

I've explored the idea of setting up a Discord server, but I'm unsure of how well it would be adopted by users. Happy to move forward if there's enough interest.

OzLegend
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 3 times

Post by OzLegend » Thu Jun 11, 2020 10:02 pm

I have looked at Discord. It is more like IRC not forums. It is mainly for real time chat messaging. It was designed to allow gamers to discuss strategy in real time while playing

I setup a discord server some time ago to test it and it seems like it is not the platform to replace this forum. If there is interest I can add people to my discord server to have a look. PM me and I will send a link to connect with my server. BTW I will only add members that have shown commitment to the principles of this forum.
Oz Legend

CKL
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 11 times

Post by CKL » Sat Jun 13, 2020 4:15 am

As said above... setting up, managing, admining and paying for hosting a forum, a forum that is totally free for members to use and does not make any kind of financial return at all, is not something any mods or admins are obligated to be doing.

I can't speak for everyone else, but I can speak for myself to say that whilst I admit things would be better if I was more committed to admining this place on a daily basis - The fact of the matter is that whoring is but a small fraction of my life and I barely have time for it these days, I'll admit.

Not to be rude, but take it as you will - the previous forums were put together by Michael and CJ and were initially set up at a time when they were far more committed to the lifestyle and had less on their plate in life.

Eventually they got less enthusiastic about the commitment of time etc that was required to keep maintaining that forum...

Inevitably, the old forums suffered from this lack of admin time of course and the result of this was a mass member approval to the forum sections that were supposed to be limited to contributing people. Litterally hundreds of unverified, non contributing members.

It was just an open where the same old members were always contributing, but hundreds of lurkers were just lapping up the milk.

The old forums also "broke ... It's impossible to admin them at a high enough level to fix them now. No one knows why.

The move to here provided a more mainstream, functional and flexible platform whilst also allowing us to clear out the dead weight and get some kind of moderation and admin happening.

The mods here aren't getting paid... they are doing it because they are nice enough to bother. Admins not getting paid either. We are in fact paying for hosting and registration. So it's costing us, to provide this for you.

If someone who is capable of backend forun admin wants to put up their hand and volunteer to pay the hosting and the domain and show how it's done, be my guest.

For now, the members section functions as intended, the only thing holding it back from being more of an active forum is the members themselves. It's not my job or any other admins job to go out hunting and gathering for you.

Importantly, the number of members who are getting a free ride and using up the availability of the limited number girls who are awesome enough to offer our favourite services is now massively reduced and limited.

By all means, start a discord server or another forum if you feel you have the time and commitment to spend on this...

Alkanphel
Has liked: 0

Post by Alkanphel » Mon Jun 15, 2020 9:24 pm

So I'm new here, does the longer I stay here the more things open up?

CKL
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 11 times

Post by CKL » Wed Jun 17, 2020 10:57 am

Its a member approval system. I'm looking at running a version update to hopefully fix issues now.